Create spaces, places and tools to promote the transmission and transfer of knowledge
This section proposes methodologies and tools for co-creation and production that can be used to produce devices for the transmission and transfer of knowledge related to oral culture, wisdom and cultural knowledge collected during the process of consultation and research. The possibilities are numerous and diverse, ranging in scope in terms of transmission devices. Whether it be an exhibition, a website, a short, medium or feature-length film, an interactive space, a book or other medium, the design and production stages remain similar.
An individual or collective creation?
Designing a device for cultural transmission often requires several areas of expertise. It is therefore very common for the creative process to be undertaken in a co-creative manner. Obviously, the extent of the project desired also influences the number of people involved. This section proposes methodologies that can be adapted to the number of people involved. These methodologies remain relevant regardless of the nature of the project, individual or collective.
We have now reached a point where it is up to us to talk about ourselves. There was a time when we were not obtaining an education and did not have the vocabulary to talk about ourselves. We didn't even have real knowledge about ourselves. But nowadays, we have the knowledge, so why would others talk about us? I believe that we are capable of talking about ourselves.
Yolande Picard, Huronne-Wendat
Realizing that the belongings passed on to members of the community from parents and grandparents [can] be brought together in the same location, for the exhibition, is really a source of pride. Everyone had a little something in their closet, in a small trunk.
Vincent Napish, Innu
Access to explanatory documents
- File “Transmission device”
- File “Defining the intention and objectives of the transmission and/or dissemination device”
- File “Who is the device intended for?”
- File “What will be the context setting of the device?”
- File “What is the key message or messages to be conveyed?”
- File “What should be the public’s experience?
- File “What means and/or media are the most appropriate for our transmission project?”
- File “Synopsis of a cultural transmission and/or dissemination device”